Mercury is a bold and minimalist WordPress theme created by ThemeIt and we’re totally stoked to offer it to you for free. This theme is perfectly designed for lifestyle blogs, fashion blogs, arts and crafts, travel and food blogs, photography, and magazine sites, among others. It contains a variety of features that allow you to make your blog unique and stand out from the rest. It is simple yet modern, personal, and professional looking, a great theme for sharing your story to the world. Mercury is a responsive theme that enables your blog to adapt to the different devices used by your audience.
This theme can be installed and used as it is, or it can be customized through the WordPress Native Customizer. Here are some of the features Mercury offers:
- A clean and minimalistic design for a simple yet creative look in order not to bombard the viewers with too much design going on all over the place.
- A wide array of color options for the menu, sidebar, footer, and other sections that are customizable to fit the owner’s needs.
- Fast speed and high load ready for quick data loading and efficient content processing.
- Responsive and retina ready design to adjust to the devices and resolutions the audience are using.
- Provides 10 different blog layouts for different bloggers’ needs, and comes with a built-in archive and homepage layout.
- The blog owner could select some posts to be featured in the theme’s beautiful slider.
- Provides a customizable sidebar that can be shown or hidden in preferred pages.
- Translation ready feature for convenience to the viewers around the world.
- Custom logo and Favicon upload to help with the tiny yet important details on the WordPress site.
- A site title and tagline section to emphasize what the blog’s content is about.
- Provides custom widgets fit for the different blog types and an Instagram widget that is already pre-designed and ready to use.
- A variety of post formats – Standard, Photo Gallery, Video, and Audio – for better content compatibility.
- Supports Contact Form 7 to help manage messages and forms.
- Provides a number of social icons to promote the blog owner’s different social media sites, and social share buttons in all of the blog posts to help spread the content to other social media platforms.
- Includes demo.xml and other documentation, and is very easy to use that it could be setup in about a minute.
- It contains lifetime upgrades upon purchase.
- It is coded through HTML5 & CSS3 and is SEO optimized for better chances of search engine results promotion.
- Contains a dropdown navigation menu.
- Can be edited through live customizer along with multiple theme options allowing the blog owner to alter the site’s layout and style while previewing the changes done.
For a clearer picture on the theme’s features, you can check out the live demo and the screenshots provided. If you have questions, feedback, and suggestions on the theme, you can be post them in the support forum system.
While we think Mercury is a fantastic portfolio and blog theme, it might not be exactly what you’ve been looking for. If you want more inspiration, checkout our collection of minimalist WordPress themes, WordPress personal blog themes or even WordPress portfolio themes.
Another great free theme we’re proud to offer is Silverbow.